Wednesday 13 May 2020

persuasive writing

I think Hokitika should get a Margaret Mahy Playground built!

Hi my name is Likaia Te Whata, I am 9years old. I live in Hokitika and I love playing outside and having fun with my family and friends.

Would you like somewhere new, adventurous and fun to go and play with your family and friends in Hokititka?
Westland Council can Hokitika please have a Margaret Mahy Playground built? 
A Margaret Mahy Playground would bring more tourist into Hokitika, who would enjoy the playground, and also they would spend money in the town!
Building a Margaret Mahy Playground would make new jobs for people in Hokitika!
A Margaret Mahy Playground could be built at Cass Sqaure, replacing the playground there. Or it could be built at another area in Hokitika, like the Racecourse!
Also a new Margaret Mahy Playground would be great for families and friends, because it will give them lots of fun and anew place to spend time together!
These reasons show why it would be great to have a Margaret Mahy Playground in Hokitika!
Westland Council please think about Hokitika having a Margaret Mahy Playground.

From Likaia Te Whata.

3 comments:

  1. My name is Alani, I am from your tuhi Mai, tuhi Atu class.I really enjoyed reading your post. I bet the playground would look awesome. Have you read any Margaret Mahy books?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alani thats a good speach

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.